Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 85: Marriage Equality



Today is the first day of the Supreme Court hearings on a couple same sex marriage laws.  I try to make it a point to not make this a politically driven blog however this is something I feel very strongly about. I don't believe anyone should be restricted on who they choose to love/marry.  So today, for my act of kindness, I did something that a lot of people did today throughout the country, I switched my profile picture to the image above to show my support for marriage equality.  As just one person switching their picture, I know it doesn't mean much, however with the massive amount of people who have switched their profile picture today it gives a much better perspective on how far this country has come in the last ten years regarding this topic.  And that is great to see!

"We're just trying to find happiness in the bodies and minds we were given, like everyone else" - Ellen DeGeneres

No comments:

Post a Comment