Friday, March 15, 2013

Day 74: No Road Rage



I sometimes can get a case of some road rage.  I blame this on my grandma.  I still remember driving around with her when I was a kid.  There were words that came out of her mouth that I didn't even know existed! One of the things that bothers me the most is when a lane is ending and a car will fly to the very end of that lane and then just expect people to let them in.  Also, being cutoff, tailgated, or a car not passing people in the passing lane will drive me nuts.  Well today, I ran into all of these situations and then some.  So today, for my act of kindness, I decided to have zero road rage and give everyone on the road a pass.  I was the person who let the car in at the end of the lane closure today.  When I was cutoff, I didn't on the horn to appease myself and let them know my displeasure.  And when I was stuck behind a car in the passing lane, I just waited patiently waiting until they FINALLY moved over. In the end I found this was a much better way to drive.  I think I will try to have this mentality going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment