Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 81: Lost Dog



Fear not my faithful followers....although late, I still made it before the day is over! I've been in the car the last 4 hours which made it impossible to write this earlier.

I have one of those dogs that if the door is left open too long she will bolt.  And Paisley is so fast it is really tough to catch her.  Good thing, whenever she has gotten out, she thinks it is a game and sticks relatively close.  With the help of neighbors we usually can get her back in the house after 15 minutes or so. I still get afraid every time she gets out though. It is not a fun feeling.

When I was driving around the neighborhood today there was a stopped car in the middle of the street.  When I got closer I realized the driver was out of the car and trying to coax a dog into the back seat.  The dog was clearly scared and running away anytime the person got close.  So today, for my act of kindness I pulled over and asked if I could help. It turned out it was a lost dog and the person spotted the dog on the side of the street. We ended up being able to lure the dog in her car by pretending we had a treat.  I am not sure we would have been able to do it with one person.  I am sure there will be one relieved dog owner today.

No comments:

Post a Comment