Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 65: Spread the Word to End the Word




Today is the national day of awareness of the hurtful use of the R-word.  When I was younger, I was definitely guilty of using this word from time to time.  I guess a lot of it was just a case of me being naive.  I didn't take the time to really think how inappropriate and disrespectful this word really was and who I was hurting by saying this word.  I have done my best over the last few years to erase this word completely from my vocabulary and for the most part I have done that, but I am not going to lie, I probably have said this word a few times over the past couple years and I am not proud of it.  So today, for my act of kindness, I went to r-word.org and made a pledge to stop using this word completely.  I also wanted to include the below video from a school that is in my neighborhood.  It is great to see this stuff going on in schools and an awesome video.  Those kids and the teacher should be very proud of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment