Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 150: Inconsiderate People Suck

I mentioned in my post two days ago that traveling brings forth a lot of opportunities to help as long as you are aware.  What I have found it also does is it brings forth a lot of opportunities to be inconsiderate as well.  I'm not always sure if people are deliberately being rude or they are just so wrapped up in what they are doing they don't know what is going on around them...either way it annoys me.

Today when I got to the gate for my first flight I realized the plane was going to be a full one because there were so many people at the gate.  I went around looking for a seat because I still had about 30 minutes before boarding.  It was tough finding it seat but I eventually found one.  What I also found was a guy laying on an entire row of seats (5 in total). Now this wouldn't bother me if there were a lot of seats open however in this case there were people standing because they couldn't find seats at the gate.  I watched for a few minutes to see if the guy would move and for a second I thought he was going to, but instead he looked around, stretched and went back to laying on the five seats. Something about witnessing people being inconsiderate like this really gets to me.  I almost get anxiety over being around it.  So today, for my act of kindness, I went over to the guy and politely asked him to sit up so other people could sit.  He seemed pretty annoyed that I had asked him to sit up and mumbled something incoherent but he eventually sat up. Right away four people came and sat around him. While boarding the flight I had three people come up  and thank me for saying something.  Thankfully this guy did not have the seat next to me for the flight.  That would have been awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment