Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 122: FBI Manhunt in my Neighborhood



Pretty much every act that I have done this year I have enjoyed doing.  Today was not one of those acts.  At about noon today I learned that there was one of the FBI's most wanted on the loose near my neighborhood.  Obviously, my first thoughts went towards making sure my family was safe.  Thankfully they were.  My next thought went to everyone else in my neighborhood.  I live on a street where everyone looks out for their neighbors which is amazing.  It is one of the biggest reasons why I would have such a hard time ever moving away.  Having good neighbors is invaluable.  Today, for my act of kindness, I went through all my contacts who lived in the area and gave them a call to make sure they were aware of what was going on.  I also hailed down a stranger who was walking their dog on my street and told them about the manhunt.  Again, this wasn't an act that was fun....but who knows, it might have made a big difference in someone's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment