Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 147: Memorial Day



I know I take for granted sometimes the sacrifices members of our armed forces make each and every day. Freedom is definitely not free and unfortunately sometimes the ultimate sacrifice is paid. That is why Memorial Day is such a great day.  It is a day that we pay tribute to all of our armed forces.  Especially to the ones that lost their lives for our freedom.  So today, for my act of kindness, my wife and I participated in the national moment of silence at 3pm.  My daughter, who is one, also participated in her own way.  While Gina and I were having a moment of silence my daughter decided to play with one of her toys. Ironically the button she pushed played the song "Yankee Doodle."  It was perfectly timed on her part.

No comments:

Post a Comment