Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 141: Oklahoma City Tornado




This is another one of those acts that I wish I never had to do.  As all of you I'm sure know, yesterday a massive tornado demolished areas of the state of Oklahoma. I have seen videos that look like they are straight out of the movie, "Twister." Watching these real life videos are heart-wrenching. However, with any tragedy that occurs comes the opportunity to help and there have already been many examples of people/groups putting in the effort to do all they can. One example of this is Kevin Durant who plays in the NBA for the Oklahoma City Thunder pledged to donate 1 million dollars to the relief. Now eventhough he made about 16 million this year, a million dollars is still a lot of money....and money that will help a lot of people.

Unfortunately I do not have that amount of money to give (I got one number right on Powerball Saturday) but I did want to give something.  So today, for my act of kindness, I donated $10 to the relief fund by texting REDCROSS to 90999.  I encourage any one reading this to do the same! Oklahoma City needs all the help they can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment