Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 109: Random (f)Act of Kindness



I decided to change things up a little bit today.  Instead of an "act" of kindness, I am going with a "fact" of kindness today and hopefully that will turn into a kind act because up until yesterday afternoon this fact has alluded me for 29 years and is something I wish I would have known, so hopefully I few of you don't know about this random fact.

I drive a lot of rental cars for my job and whenever I need to get gas I never know what side of the car the gas tank is on.  I then proceed to try and stick my head out the window to catch a glimpse of the lid.  When that tactic fails, I go with my gut and pick a side.  Without fail, I always guess wrong and I need to get back in the car and turn the car around.  Well yesterday a friend showed me that most cars and pretty much all newer cars have an indicator that shows you which side the gas tank is on.  Take a look at the picture above....that little arrow you see on the left side of the gas tank indicates that the fuel is on the left side of the car.  I can't believe I never noticed this before but now I will never need to worry about guessing wrong again.  I hope this helps some of you, it sure helped me yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment