Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 108: Father in Practice



The first entry in this blog talks about how I wonder sometimes the type of person my daughter is going to grow up to be and about how I know I will be playing a big role in how she turns out.  What I've found through the first year of being a father is I am learning a lot of things on the go, and that is perfectly fine but sometimes I can feel a little bit lost.  So today, for my act of kindness, I decided to get ahead of the curve.

I read a decent amount of books when I am on the road.  I just finished reading the Game of Thrones books (I know....I am a nerd, but I love it). The last couple of days I have been looking for a new book to read and was struggling to find something that kept my interest.  Well, I was at a work event last night and got to talking with a new friend about family.  After a few minutes he told me about a book, "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters" and highly recommended it to me. Although it might be a few years before a lot of the things in the book will apply to my situation I thought it would be a good book to read and get ahead of the curve. So today, my act is one that is for self improvement.  Instead of reading another sci-fi book, I purchased "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters."   

No comments:

Post a Comment