Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 9: Drive-thru Kindness



So yesterday I gave out a free pizza to a complete stranger.  I really enjoyed doing something kind for a person I didn't know because it is so unexpected by them. It made me feel really good because I could see the genuine gratitude that this person had for this kind act.

Today,  I wanted to keep the complete stranger theme going.  I went through a drive-thru at lunch today and decided to pay for the person's food in the car behind me.  This was a drive-thru that had two windows; one to pay at and the next to get the food.  When I was at the second window I looked in my rear-view mirror and I could have sworn the lady was nearly half out her car window trying to get my attention by waiving at me.  She had a huge smile on her face while thanking me with excessive waiving.  Again, this made me feel really good to see something so small, relatively speaking,  make someone so happy.  I hope it made her day.  I know it made mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment