Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 28: Big Brothers/Big Sisters



So I know I mentioned in my post yesterday that I was going to try and limit the donations to about once a week....well this week's donation is used up.  I woke up this morning and turned on the local news.  The station was having an all day telethon for Big Brother/Big Sisters.  I was a big brother the last couple years of high school.  I'm not sure I grasped how important this role was at the time, but it is so important for little kids to have people to look up to for role models. I was lucky enough to have a great dad and brother to look up to as my role models when I was a kid.  I can't imagine how different my life would have been without them in it. So, today for my act of kindness, I called into the telethon and donated some money.  I am hoping that I will be able to volunteer my time later in the year for this organization as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment