Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 14: Offer My Seat



I am on the road a decent amount.  I find that when I travel there are a lot of opportunities to help complete strangers.  It is just a matter of keeping an eye out for a situation to help.  Today, when I was boarding my flight I was pleasantly surprised when I realized I was going to have the whole row to myself.  Those seats are pretty narrow and although I am a fairly small person I was looking forward to the extra room.  However, I noticed there was a guy across the aisle that could use the extra space a little more.  He was a little bit on the bigger side and I could tell that not only him, but the person next to him were preparing for a pretty uncomfortable flight.  Now, I was a little worried that I might offend this person by asking if they would like more space, but I figured my heart was in the right place so what the heck.  It turned out he was very grateful of my offer and we switched seats.  He thanked me four separate times throughout the flight.  I was happy I could make his flight a better experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment