Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 24: Lottery Tickets


So I am typically that person who only plays the lottery when it gets to some absurd amount like $300 million.  It's like I am saying, "Wow now that it is that amount, now it makes sense to buy a ticket." But when it's at like $90 million, that's just too small of amount to buy a ticket for. I don't get it, but that's just how I am with the lottery.  Another thing I tend to do is the whole day prior to the drawing I find myself daydreaming about how I am going to spend the money such as, what family members and friends I'm going to give money to, what charities I would help, how many houses I would buy and some other fun things.  I find it unusually enjoyable to think about these things.  And then right before the drawing, I get to the point where I feel like I'm really going to win.  And then the numbers are drawn and I am lucky to match one number and I am brought back to reality.  However, I think it is still fun leading up to it.  So, today for my act of kindness, I bought a few lottery tickets and handed them out to the first three people I had conversations with at work.  I'm hoping they win big, but if not, I hope it at least adds a little bit of enjoyment to their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment