Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 15: Equality for All



My brother told me he was gay about 10 years ago.  I remember this day pretty well, along with how I was feeling about it. I remember the overwhelming feeling was sadness; not because of the news my brother is gay, but because how I knew he would be treated and judged by other people.  I could not care less about his sexual orientation, but I did care that his life was going to be considerably harder because of it. People can be so mean to strangers just because they don’t look or act like them.

 I do not want this blog to be a political forum, however all I will say is I believe everyone should be treated equally.  Whether a person is applying for a job or trying to marry the person they love, their sexual orientation should have nothing to do with it. So today for my act of kindness I ordered an “equality” sticker and will have it on my car as soon as it is delivered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment