Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 47: Mr. Mom




Since having a baby it has been really tough for my wife to find time to herself. And when she  does find some time she is usually so tired that the idea of sleep trumps any idea of going out.  So today, for my act of kindness, I didn't give me wife an option; she was going to spend some time doing whatever she wanted.  We are up in Minneapolis for the weekend visiting some friends who have a 3 month old, so the two moms spent the afternoon going to the mall and going out to lunch and the two dads watched the kids.  I kind of feel a little guilty using this as an act, but it wasn't so much me watching Emma, (Because I'm her dad and that's what I'm supposed to do) it was more so me making sure my wife had some time for herself.  Overall it was a great day.  I got some additional bonding time with my daughter and Gina had a day to go out with a close friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment