Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 33: Small Compliment



I was a cashier at Best Buy for 3 years through high school.  Overall I felt like it was a pretty thankless job.  It is a position where you only have opportunity to disappoint.  The customers expect no mistakes and fast service.  As soon as something goes not according to plan, people can get pretty frustrated. Today I went to Best Buy to use up a xmas gift card. When I was checking out I could tell my cashier was very new because he had another employee next to him telling him what to do.  Throughout my checkout process there were a lot of things that he did much slower than usual and I could tell his trainer was getting a little frustrated. I felt bad for the guy because I have been in his position before.  When you are new to something, your brain just doesn't work properly and everything takes a little extra time.  So, today for my act of kindness, when I was handed my receipt I told the cashier that I thought he was doing a really good job.  I know this is a relatively small act, but I feel like it made a big difference in this person's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment