Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 83: Asking to Help



Ever since I was little my family has made mulitple trips per year up to Door County, WI.  Some of my best memories from my childhood there. Seven years ago my parents bought a place in Door County and now live there. We try and make it up to Door County as much as possible because it is always such a relaxing time and this weekend has been no different.  However, today while I was laying on the couch, I wondered if there was anything I could help my parents with while I was up here.  My dad has back issues which makes some stuff difficult to get done. When I asked my mom she mentioned that they needed some stuff taken over to the storage unit.  So today, for my act of kindness, that is what I did.

I wasn't sure if I should use this as an act because it should be common practice to help your parents with things like this.  However, like I mentioned earlier, Door County, in my mind, is a vacation place and I don't associate work with vacation.  But now that my parents live here, I will make sure to ask if there is anything I can help with everytime I come up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment