Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 66: Lost and Found



Whenever I check out of a hotel I always get the feeling that I am leaving something behind even though I look through the room numerous times before leaving.  I just always think to myself that if I am leaving something behind, I just hope it isn't too important.  My grandma recently checked out of a hotel and was a good ways away before realizing she had left her diamond ring in the room.  I bet this was a pretty sinking feeling to have.  Thankfully, when the got back to the hotel the ring was right where she left it.

Well today, for my act of kindness, when I was packing up my things I noticed a scarf on the chair that I hadn't noticed before.  It was a nice 100% cashmere scarf and clearly was not mine.  My guess is that is was left behind be the person who stayed in my room prior.  I would be lying if I said that it never crossed my mind to just throw it in my bag but I knew that wouldn't be the right thing to do.  So when I checked out, I dropped it off at the front desk to be sent back to the owner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment