Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 93: Art is Not a Skill of Mine



I have never been very good at arts and crafts.  It is just not how my brain works.  However today I did my best for a coworker.

My co-worker owns a restaurant (MP Dining Company) with her husband. Recently their restaurant was reviewed in a local newspaper.  The reviewer gave MP Dining Company a glowing review and had nothing but positive things to write. I can imagine this was a pretty exciting moment for my co-worker and I wanted to do something to say congratulations.  So today, for my act of kindness, I tracked down a copy of the newspaper, cut out the review and framed it for her.  I put it on her desk with a little note that said congrats.  It is not a great piece of art but I tried my best. I'm happy with how it turned out because I know she liked it. I know this because after she saw the frame she came over to my desk and said, "I don't want to be a creeper, but I am going to need to give you a hug." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment