Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 119: Jason Collins is Gay



I knew it was only a matter of time before an active athlete from one of the main sports in this country came out.  Well today was the day...Jason Collins, who is currently a free agent in the NBA came out of the closet. I can only imagine how difficult this was for him to do.  Being gay and coming out is, I'm sure extremely difficult, but being the first active NBA player to come out must be nearly impossible.  Which is probably why no one has done it until now.  I am definitely interested to see what the response will be from this.  This country has come a long way in the last few years, but there is still a long way to go.  I for one, think it is courageous what he has done and I am very proud of him.  So although it is not a huge gesture, for my act of kindness today, I shared the above picture on my Facebook timeline to help spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment