Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 206: Door County Trip

I wasn't planning on using this for my act of kindness today, but then I had a conversation with my mom and I figured it was a good one.  We have had this Door Couty trip planned for a couple months now however when we got up here today my mom mentioned to me that she thought for sure that she was going to get a call from us cancelling the trip.  The reason she thought this is because with us being in the process of selling our house and buying another one, plus our busy work schedules, the weekends are crucial for us to get things done.  My mom figured I was going to call and say that we needed to use the weekend to get some work done.  Even though I know she would have understood, this would have been very sad news since they haven't seen their grandaughter in almost a month...and up until a couple months ago, my parents were barely going a week without seeing her.  They definitely needed their Emma fix.  So today, for my act of kindness, I put aside everything going on at home, and made the trip up to Door County for the weekend for some family time.

To be honest, cancelling on this weekend never even crossed my mind.  There will always be time to do work...

No comments:

Post a Comment