Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 188: Held a Door



I have written a few times already this year that sometimes even very small gestures of kindness will be used for my year long journey.  The more I get to thinking about it...the more I realize that these small acts can make a big difference. And the reason I say that is because these acts take only a few seconds to perform yet they can make the same impression on people as the bigger acts.  On top of that, because they are so easy, they are also easy to pay it forward.  I truly hope that not only do people appreciate the acts of kindness, but that they get inspired by them and pass it on to other people.  Now I now it might be pretty tough to get inspired by a stranger holding the door for you but if you look passed the gesture itself and see the bigger picture....that a stranger is attempting to make another stranger's day better...that is where I feel the inspiration should come from.

Sorry I rambled a little bit there....on to my act for the day.

I alluded to it a little bit in the above paragraph but today when I was waiting in line for my pizza at Papa Murphy's I noticed a lady holding a baby and one hand and a pizza she just picked up in the other.  I could see it in her eyes that she was already contemplating how to open the door ahead of her.  So today for my act of kindness I got out of line and went and opened the door for her.  I then asked if she needed help carrying the pizza to her car.  She said yes and I helped with that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment