Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 154: My Parents Lead by Example



Today is my parents 41st anniversary.  Which is just crazy for me to comprehend.  They have been married 12 years longer than I have been alive.  If I have half as good of a marriage than my parents have I will be happy.  I am very fortunate to have grown up around such a good example of marriage.

My parents have also gone through a pretty tough time recently with my dad being diagnosed with early stage Alzheimer's. However, It has been amazing to see how much they lean on each other in times like this.  It only goes to show how important that other half can be.

Usually I get my parents a card for their anniversary but today, for my act of kindness, I got them a little bit more.  I came home from work with flowers to give to my parents for their anniversary (picture above).

No comments:

Post a Comment