Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 171: Helping the Homeless



A couple of nights ago a homeless man in Madison, WI was beaten within inches of his life.  He was rushed to the hospital and tragically died a day later.  I really don't understand things like this.  Haven't homeless people been beaten down enough?!  We need to help them, not attack them.  This type of thing just sickens me.  So today for my act of kindness, I found and donated some money to a local group called Porchlight who helps support the homeless in the Madison area.  I also plan on volunteering my time later on in the year for another act of kindness.


On a side not, I wanted to give credit to my wife who has done a lot of acts of kindness over the last week or so for me.  With Father's Day last weekend and my birthday today she has made both those days really special for me.  Check out my sweet birthday cake I got today...(it is exactly what I asked for).


No comments:

Post a Comment