Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 238: Packing Groceries

Today went I got in line at the grocery store there was an older woman in front of me.  Typically there is a cashier and then also an employee who helps bag the groceries.  Well today there was just the cashier.  So instead of having to wait until the cashier was done ringing up the food I asked the woman if she would like help with bagging her groceries. So that is what I did for my act of kindness today. The lady was very happy and actually said it was one of the nicest things someone has done for her in a long time. It was kind of funny the woman's reaction because I didn't feel like this was a grand gesture by any means. Part of the reason I helped was for selfish purposes....I wanted the line to move faster.  However it just goes to show even the small acts can go a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment