Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day 237: Act of Kindness Gets Rewarded



I came across a very cool story yesterday. A homeless man, Glen James, found a bag that contained $42,000.....and he promptly turned it in to the authorities.  I think if anyone, regardless if they are homeless or not, found this amount of money it would take a lot of courage to decide to hand it over.  When I learned that a homeless person did this I was at first completely shocked and then I got to thinking that this just goes to show that regardless of what hand you were dealt in life, or how tough of a situation you are in, it does not need to compromise the person that you are deep down.  This man kept his morals even though it would have been much easier for him to pocket the money.

What's really cool though is that a stranger decided to start a donation page to reward Glen's kind act.  I don't think he expected it to take off as quickly as it has however the donation page went viral and in two days has raised over $110,000, and ALL of the proceeds are going directly to Glen.  Today, for my act of kindness I decided to chip in and donate to help Glen!

If you would like to learn more about the story or chip in yourself, just click on the link below!

http://www.gofundme.com/4by2as

No comments:

Post a Comment