Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 211: A Simple Act

A lot of times this year my acts have revolved around just being aware of ways to help and make people's lives easier. I think doing the little things everyday can make a huge difference. Today I had to get gas on the way home from work.  While I was filling up my tank a stranger was walking out of the gas station with a case of water. The lady happened to stumble a little bit which cause the water to fall on the ground.  About half of the bottles went rolling on the ground.  Now I know I am not supposed to leave the pump unattended but I felt like this was a good excuse.  I went over and helped the lady pick up the water.  She seemed partly embarrassed but mostly appreciative.  I think she thanked me probably 15 times in a 30 second stretch.  I was happy to help.  I always feel good when I can help people make their day a little bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment