Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 51: Thank You to a Soldier





I have huge respect for members of our military   They are willing to risk everything in order to protect our freedom.  Today I had an opportunity to thank one of these individuals in person. I went to Chipotle for lunch this afternoon.  While I was eating my food a guy came in who was dressed in his military uniform.  I'm not exactly sure what branch he was with, but I'm pretty sure it was U.S. Army.  Usually when I'm out in public and I see someone in the armed forces, I will make it a point to thank them. However today, I had an opportunity to do a little more.  While he was in line I went to the cashier and told her I wanted to pay for his meal. It's a good thing the military gets a discount because it turned out he has buying meals for two other people. :) Anyways, when he found out I paid for his meal he was very appreciative.  So today, for my act of kindness, I paid for a soldier's lunch as a thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment